Truck - Georgia Sea Turtle Center - Monitoring of Rehabilitated Patients
A project of Georgia Sea Turtle Center.
Static Map | Zoom Map | Animated Map
Subscribe to Project Updates
Last 14 Days
Full Animation 465KB
Truck was released on Jekyll Island at Great Dunes Park.
Arrival: June 15, 2011
Found: GA Bulldog Research Vessel
Weight: 28.8 kg
Rescued by: GA Bulldog crew
Came into the center debilitated and having a moderate load of barnacles
and significant loss of keratin. Truck is female and carries the
CC-A01 haplotype, the most common haplotype on nesting beaches in the south east region.
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location codes (lc) '4', '3', '2', '1', '0', 'A', 'B'.
- The static maps also shows locations of class 'A' as small black circles which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO Digital Atlas published by the British Oceanographic Data Centre on behalf of the IOC and IHO, 2003, and the ETOPO2 Global 2' Elevations published by NOAA's National Geophysical Data Center.
- Sea surface temperature is derived from NOAA's GOES Daily Sea Surface Temperature data.