Hope - Cape Lambert Flatback Turtle Monitoring Program
A project of Rio Tinto.
Static Map | Zoom Map | Animated Map
Subscribe to Project Updates
Last 14 Days
Full Animation 893KB
Hope (Flatback Turtle) is 58 km NW of the coast of Australia and 546 km from Kupang
A PTT was deployed with this turtle as part of Rio Tinto's Turtle Management program at Cape Lambert, Western Australia. The turtle was also flipper tagged (WA75201/WA75245). Hope was named by students from Wickham Primary School.
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location codes (lc) '4', '3', '2', '1', '0', 'A'.
- The static maps also shows locations of class 'X' as small black circles which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO Digital Atlas published by the British Oceanographic Data Centre on behalf of the IOC and IHO, 2003, and the ETOPO2 Global 2' Elevations published by NOAA's National Geophysical Data Center.
- Sea surface temperature is derived from NOAA's GOES Daily Sea Surface Temperature data.