117516 (UUU318) - Padre Island National Seashore Kemp's Ridley Tracking Program-2012
A project of Padre Island National Seashore Kemp's Ridley Tracking Program.
Static Map | Zoom Map | Animated Map
Subscribe to Project Updates
117516 (UUU318) (Kemp's Ridley) is 7 km E of the coast of United States and 133 km from Biloxi
This adult female Kemp's ridley nested at Padre Island National Seashore on 10 June 2012. She was outfitted with a Wildlife Computers MK-10 satellite transmitter by the National Park Service at Padre Island National Seashore.
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location class (lc) '3', '2', '1', '0', 'A', 'B'. Locations that have been "filtered" are displayed as small red dots.
- This maps also shows locations of class 'Z' as small black dots which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO One Minute Grid.
- Sea surface temperature and chlorophyll are derived from NASA's Ocean Color data.
- Ocean currents and sea surface heights are derived from AVISO's Ssalto/Duacs Gridded Absolute Dynamic Topography & absolute geostrophic velocities data.