47690 (YYA155) - Padre Island National Seashore Kemp's Ridley Tracking Program-2010
A project of Padre Island National Seashore Kemp's Ridley Tracking Program.
Static Map | Zoom Map | Animated Map
Subscribe to Project Updates
Last 14 Days
Full Animation 256KB
This adult female Kemp's ridley nested at Padre Island National Seashore on 11 May 2010. She had not been tagged previously and was from the wild stock.
This turtle was outfitted with a Sirtrack Kiwisat 101 satellite transmitter by the National Park Service at Padre Island National Seashore. She returned to nest at Padre Island National Seashore on 9 June 2010. A Biological Technician conducting a turtle patrol found her nesting and this second nest (clutch 108) contained 99 eggs.
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location codes (lc) '3', '2', '1', '0', 'A', 'B'.
- The static maps also shows locations of class 'Z' as small black circles which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO Digital Atlas published by the British Oceanographic Data Centre on behalf of the IOC and IHO, 2003, and the ETOPO2 Global 2' Elevations published by NOAA's National Geophysical Data Center.
- Sea surface temperature is derived from NOAA's GOES Daily Sea Surface Temperature data.