Nicole - Mayotte Island Green Turtles 2005
A project of Islameta Group, Dept. of Biology - University of Pisa.
Static Map | Zoom Map | Animated Map (KB)
Subscribe to Project Updates
This turtle has been approached while nesting on a small island in the Northern side of Mayotte. She then moved South and reached the waters in front of the main nesting beach of Saziley, in the southernmost part of the island before visiting its Eastern part. When will she start to migrate?
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location class (lc) '3', '2', '1', 'A', 'B'. Locations that have been "filtered" are displayed as small red dots.
- This maps also shows locations of class '0', 'Z', 'X' as small black dots which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO One Minute Grid.
- Sea surface temperature and chlorophyll are derived from NASA's Ocean Color data.
- Ocean currents and sea surface heights are derived from AVISO's Ssalto/Duacs Gridded Absolute Dynamic Topography & absolute geostrophic velocities data.