Stormy - Georgia Loggerhead Tracking Project 2004
A project of Georgia Department of Natural Resources.
Static Map | Zoom Map | Animated Map (KB)
Subscribe to Project Updates
Stormy was tagged after nesting on Sapelo Island early in the morning on July 7th. She was the final turtle tagged by our crew this year. It appears that we caught her on her final nesting of this season as, upon release she's swam non-stop up the east coast, and is now nearing the South Carolina/North Carolina border.
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location class (lc) '3', '2', '1', '0', 'A'. Locations that have been "filtered" are displayed as small red dots.
- This maps also shows locations of class 'B' as small black dots which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO One Minute Grid.
- Sea surface temperature and chlorophyll are derived from NASA's Ocean Color data.
- Ocean currents and sea surface heights are derived from AVISO's Ssalto/Duacs Gridded Absolute Dynamic Topography & absolute geostrophic velocities data.