Campobello - Greater Shearwaters in the Atlantic: 2009
A project of Grand Manan Whale and Seabird Research Station.
Static Map | Zoom Map | Animated Map (870KB)
Subscribe to Project Updates
Campobello was the second shearwater to be tagged in 2009. All the shearwaters tagged in 2009 are named after islands in the Bay of Fundy. Campobello is named after the island located at the entrance of Passamaquoddy Bay. It is actually connected to Lubec, Maine by the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Bridge.
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location class (lc) '3', '2', '1', '0', 'A'. Locations that have been "filtered" are displayed as small red dots.
- This maps also shows locations of class 'B', 'Z', 'X' as small black dots which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO One Minute Grid.
- Sea surface temperature and chlorophyll are derived from NASA's Ocean Color data.
- Ocean currents and sea surface heights are derived from AVISO's Ssalto/Duacs Gridded Absolute Dynamic Topography & absolute geostrophic velocities data.