Big Daddy - Distributional Patterns of Reproductively Mature Adult Male Loggerheads from Cape Canaveral, FL
A project of South Carolina Marine Resources Research Institute.
Static Map | Zoom Map | Animated Map
Subscribe to Project Updates
Last 14 Days
Adult male loggerhead (103.1cm CCLmin; 310 lbs; CC-A01) tagged with a satellite transmitter (Telonics ST-20, Model A2010) following laparascopy and ultrasound.
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location codes (lc) '3', '2', '1', '0', 'A', 'B', 'Z'.
- The static maps also shows locations of class 'A' as small black circles which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO Digital Atlas published by the British Oceanographic Data Centre on behalf of the IOC and IHO, 2003, and the ETOPO2 Global 2' Elevations published by NOAA's National Geophysical Data Center.
- Sea surface temperature is derived from NOAA's GOES Daily Sea Surface Temperature data.