DuBose - Seasonal Distributional Patterns of Juvenile Loggerheads from the Southeast
A project of South Carolina Marine Resources Research Institute.
Static Map | Zoom Map | Animated Map (103KB)
Subscribe to Project Updates
Juvenile loggerhead sea turtle (64.8 cm SCLmin; Female; CC-A01) caught during 15-min trawl at index station in Charleston Harbor Entrance Channel. Tagged and released with Telonics ST-20, Model A-2010. Duty cycle continuous on with saltwater switch; expected to last over one year. Dive cycle and water temperature data will be collected in addition to lat/lon.
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location class (lc) '3', '2', '1', '0', 'A', 'B', 'Z'. Locations that have been "filtered" are displayed as small red dots.
- This maps also shows locations of class 'A' as small black dots which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO One Minute Grid.
- Sea surface temperature and chlorophyll are derived from NASA's Ocean Color data.
- Ocean currents and sea surface heights are derived from AVISO's Ssalto/Duacs Gridded Absolute Dynamic Topography & absolute geostrophic velocities data.