Nicole - Angola LNG olive ridley tracking project
A project of West Australian Sea Turtle Satellite Tracking Project.
Static Map | Zoom Map | Animated Map (KB)
Subscribe to Project Updates
Nicole is the first olive ridley to be satellite tracked from the Soyo area of Angola. She was captured while attempting to nest on the shore of Kwanda Island inside the mouth of the Congo River.Nicole was fitted with a Kiwisat platform terminal transmitter and released from her Kwanda Island nesting beach inside the mouth of the Congo River on November 21, 2008.
This project is being managed on behalf of Angola LNG by Mr Warren Klein/Tim Baynham(Angola LNG Wildlife Advisors) and Dr Kellie Pendoley (Specialist sea turtle biologist).
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location class (lc) '3', '2', '1', '0', 'A'. Locations that have been "filtered" are displayed as small red dots.
- This maps also shows locations of class 'B' as small black dots which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO One Minute Grid.
- Sea surface temperature and chlorophyll are derived from NASA's Ocean Color data.
- Ocean currents and sea surface heights are derived from AVISO's Ssalto/Duacs Gridded Absolute Dynamic Topography & absolute geostrophic velocities data.