Dareen - Kuwait 2010: Hawksbill & Green Turtle Tracking
A project of KTCP - TOTAL Foundation.
Static Map | Animated Map (385KB)
Subscribe to Project Updates
Dareen headed south into Saudi Arabia. After quite a while with no signals we are happy to have her back on-line and she's still in the same area as when she was last in contact. Dareen's return did not last that long and we lost trasmissions again when she was still south.
Dareen appeared in the eastern part of the beach around four hours after Nada. She was much smaller in size at just 69cm CCL. While we waited for the epoxy to dry with her in the box, a fierce windstorm came up and everything blurred-up. Despite the elements, Dareen hurried safely back to the water with her transmitter attached around 4 in the morning, at the first light of the day.
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location class (lc) '4', '3', '2', '1', 'A', 'B'. Locations that have been "filtered" are displayed as small red dots.
- This maps also shows locations of class 'A' as small black dots which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO One Minute Grid.
- Sea surface temperature and chlorophyll are derived from NASA's Ocean Color data.
- Ocean currents and sea surface heights are derived from AVISO's Ssalto/Duacs Gridded Absolute Dynamic Topography & absolute geostrophic velocities data.