Donatello - Barrow Island flatback tracking 2009-2010
A project of West Australian Sea Turtle Satellite Tracking Project.
Static Map | Zoom Map | Animated Map (350KB)
Subscribe to Project Updates
Donatello (Flatback Turtle) is 180 km N of the coast of Australia and 371 km from Kupang
This turtle was released from Yacht Club South Beach at Barrow Island. The satellite tracking program is a component of the Gorgon Gas marine turtle project which also encompasses a long term flatback turtle tagging program at Barrow Island and at a reference site at Mundabullangana Station on the mainland. This turtle was selected from the hundreds of flatback turtles that have returned to nest at Barrow Island this summer.
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location class (lc) '3', '2', '1'. Locations that have been "filtered" are displayed as small red dots.
- This maps also shows locations of class 'A' as small black dots which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO One Minute Grid.
- Sea surface temperature and chlorophyll are derived from NASA's Ocean Color data.
- Ocean currents and sea surface heights are derived from AVISO's Ssalto/Duacs Gridded Absolute Dynamic Topography & absolute geostrophic velocities data.