Sumitha - Chennai India, olive ridley tracking
A project of Tree Foundation, India.
Static Map | Animated Map
Subscribe to Project Updates
Last 14 Days
Sumitha is an olive ridley tagged by TREE Foundation. Her tracking will help to illustrate concerns about local fisheries interactions, such as bycatch in trawl fishery and gill netting. Sumitha laid 120 eggs when she nested, she measures 72 cm length and 67 cm width, and the tag is a Kiwisat 202. Sumitha the turtle was named to honor Dr. Dharini's mother who is fighting cancer and has been an inspirational backbone for TREE Foundation activities.
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location codes (lc) '3', '2', '1', '0', 'A'.
- The static maps also shows locations of class 'B', 'Z', 'X' as small black circles which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO Digital Atlas published by the British Oceanographic Data Centre on behalf of the IOC and IHO, 2003, and the ETOPO2 Global 2' Elevations published by NOAA's National Geophysical Data Center.
- Sea surface temperature is derived from NOAA's GOES Daily Sea Surface Temperature data.