Beu - Satellite tracking of black turtles at a feeding ground in Oaxaca
A project of Universidad del Mar.
Static Map | Animated Map (98KB)
Subscribe to Project Updates
The first time we captured Beu (Moon in Zapoteco), she had a big injury in the carapace, probably caused by a boat hit. Four months later, when recaptured, she was amazingly recovered and was suitable for attaching a PTT. Flipper tag FF132.
- The presentation of data here does not constitute publication. All data remain copyright of the project partners. Maps or data on this website may not be used or referenced without the explicit written consent of the data owners.
- For more information please visit the project website.
- This map connects positions generated by the ARGOS system designated as location class (lc) '3', '2'. Locations that have been "filtered" are displayed as small red dots.
- This maps also shows locations of class '4' as small black dots which are not connected by a route line.
- Bathymetry layers are derived from the GEBCO One Minute Grid.
- Sea surface temperature and chlorophyll are derived from NASA's Ocean Color data.
- Ocean currents and sea surface heights are derived from AVISO's Ssalto/Duacs Gridded Absolute Dynamic Topography & absolute geostrophic velocities data.